Scroll to content
School Logo

Angel Road Junior School

Happy Healthy Aiming High

Contact Us

Moving schools during the school year

Moving to a different school at any time other than the usual admission to Reception class, transfer to junior school or transfer to secondary school, is known as an 'in-year transfer'.


This could be a move between Norfolk schools, or a move to a Norfolk school from a school in a different area. You will need to make an online application to apply for a new school place, or complete and return an application form.

Under no circumstances should you withdraw your child from their current school before an alternative school has been allocated.

You can only make one application for a school place in a school year, unless there is a material change in circumstances. 


To apply for in-year transfer

Children usually start their new school at the start of the next term, depending on when the application is received. 

For more information