Covid 19 update
We have had a rise in positive cases across the school and have taken advice from the Norfolk Outbreak Management Team.
They have advised:
- If any child is feeling unwell with any symptoms (tummy bug, sore throat, cough, high temperature, aches, headaches, cold like symptoms, sore eyes) they should stay at home and be taken for a PCR test. They should stay at home until the result of the PCR test is known. The advice is that any feeling of being unwell should be checked by going for a PCR test.
We appreciate that there are a lot of common illnesses going around at the moment but they have advised this extra cautious approach to help stop any further spread of Covid.
Please inform the office in the usual way if your child is unwell and going for a PCR test. Please inform the office as soon as the results are known. If the test result is negative, your child can return to school as long as they feel well enough.
- If your child begins to feel unwell at school, we will call you and ask you to come and collect them and take them for a PCR.
- As a school, we will be putting in additional measures within the classroom. In classes where there are a number of cases will we return to forward facing desks, additional cleaning and good ventilation. Children will be kept in their year group bubbles as much as possible.
- We will continue to inform you if there is a positive case in your child’s class.
- They have also advised that we should recommend that twice a week lateral flow tests are taken by all adults within a household. www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
So that children can get back into class as soon as possible, please try to book a PCR test. There is a walk through test centre on Westwick Street, near the old ToysRus which is walking distance from the school.
Thank you for supporting this new advice. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation changes.