What is the role of a Governor?
The governors are a team of people who work closely with the head teacher to make key decisions vital to the successful running of the school. We make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans.
Regularly visits are made to the school to monitor the impact of policies and oversee school budgets and staffing. Governors also hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints when required.
We make decisions that directly affect the education and well-being of the children.
The Governing Body delegates some of its work to committees. We currently have three committees:
- Teaching Learning and Performance
- Finance and Resources
- Children’s Centre
The current terms of reference are available below:
For more information on the role of school governors, please visit Norfolk County Council’s Governors information site.
Interested in becoming a Governor?
We are always interested in hearing from parents and members of the local community who may be interested in becoming a governor.
Please contact Helen Wardale (Chair of Governors) or Chris Read (Headteacher) for further information.
Information about our Governors
Minutes of Governor Meetings
- FGB Minutes 27.9.17
- FGB Minutes 13.9.17
- Approved Minutes FGB mtg 160609
- Approved Minutes FGB mtg 160414
- Approved Minutes FGB mtg 100316
- Approved Minutes FGB mtg 040216
- Approved Minutes FGB mtgs held 040116 and 190116
- Approved Minutes EFGB mtg 301115
- Approved Minutes FGB mtg 241115
- Approved Minutes FGB mtg 240915
- Approved Minutes FGB mtg 160715