Head of School message week beginning 27th April

Dear children,

I regularly hear from your teachers how much they are enjoying speaking to you all on the phone and finding out about the great home learning that you are doing.

I know that it can sometimes be harder getting motivated to work at home than at school, but remember, everyone else is doing the same thing and getting used to learning at home. With my children, we have created a little timetable for each day with different subjects spread across the week including breaks and relaxing time too. You can also learn through your other daily routines and activities, for example, bird watching on your daily walk or maths and science through cooking and baking.  I hope you are all managing to keep active too – I wonder how many of you join in with Joe Wicks every day? Maybe you could keep a diary to record all the lovely things that you have been doing.

If any of you would like to send me a letter or an email telling me what you have been getting up to, it would make me very happy and I would love to read them all and put them up in my office. (The School’s address is: Angel Road Junior School, Angel Road, Norwich, NR3 3HS and my email address is awhalen9yrt@nsix.org.uk)

The school is very quiet without you all but the flowers are blooming and the grass is growing. I think the birds and squirrels are enjoying the peace and quiet, although there are less crumbs for the seagulls!

All the teachers are working hard at home too and we are all looking forward to seeing you all when it is safe to do so.

Take care of each other!

Mums, Dads and carers,

As you know, we have asked our Year groups to put together a pack of learning resources and activities that we will update every 2 weeks. These are on our website, along with a range of other resources that you may like to try out.

We are all adapting to the challenges of this new situation that we all find ourselves in and, at the moment, we are reviewing our home learning system and will keep you informed.

Please remember that the message is that anything that you can do to support your child with their learning is great but we also understand the pressures of the current environment on us all. Have fun with your children, and if you only manage to do one thing together each day, then please read and share books. You can also access free children’s audio books through Audible( stories.audible.com/start-listen)

If you have any questions or worries about the home learning, please do speak to your child’s teacher. I am also very happy to receive emails if you would like to communicate anything to me. (head@angelroadjunior.norfolk.sch.uk) Take care of each other.

Alison Whalen